Re: [Chrysler300] Re: Re-painting the white "Chrsyler" lettering on 300G

Re: [Chrysler300] Re: Re-painting the white "Chrsyler" lettering on 300G grill

park the car on a very steep hill. lot easier than taking the grill out.

________________________________
From: Bob Jasinski <rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: richard_e_osborne <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, February 24, 2010 10:21:10 PM
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] Re: Re-painting the white "Chrsyler" lettering on 300G grill

I repainted my 300G grill letters back in 1985 and agree with Richard, it is
best to do it out of the car. Gravity is really your friend here. After a
though cleaning of each letter, I brushed in thinned (but not too thin) "One
Shot" paint. It comes in small cans. Laying the grille flat really allows
it to cure nice and level. I found I needed 5 or 6 coats to get the
coverage I wanted but really filled in nicely. It's also been very durable,
I've washed bugs right off of it (with a sponge) and the paint still looks
great. As I recall the base metal was rough and needed multiple coats to
look good. I think I used a chemical stripper for removing the old paint.

Having said all that, a person with a steady hand, good eyes, and the right
paint could probably do a satisfactory job with the grill in the car if they
took their time and made the effort.

Bob J

_____