[Chrysler300] 300 hemi motor core plug fitting advive needed

[Chrysler300] 300 hemi motor core plug fitting advive needed

I have for many years now been successfully fitting the saucer type core plugs (or as some might call them welch or expansion plugs) that are used in the side of the engine blocks in early 300s that use the first hemi motor. I use brass instead of original steel that can rust out - BUT WHAT IS THE EXACT CORRECT FACTORY TYPE WAY TO INSTALL THEM - like how do you know how much to dush in the raised curve they have so they are tightest in the hole they go in??!!

I ask because I have aniother car/motor that uses same type, and they have been installed so they seem overdished/hit, and in fact one blew out on me. Did Chrysler or some other manufacturer have a real simple way of stating how to do it correctly - especially so they are not overhit, dished in too far, which results in then not having the tension to stay in when revving motor real high and the water pump pressure pops them out?!!

Our early 300s use this type core plug, and what a mongrel when you smell that hot water on exhaust as it empties whole motor in seconds when one blows, and then you are stuck where it happened with car undriveable, plus it near impossible to fix unless car on a hoist, etc etc - this involved a pommie Austin Healey, and the plug is hidden behind footwells that run up besifde the long 6 cylinder. Males our 300s look easier to work on to those that might care to cuss them sometimes ??!! I have sent the resto people receipts for them doing the engine rebuild  (back in 1994 !!!), and they know the car just being used first time since just finished - who wants to bet they cough up for repair/refit???

Christopher Australia - real nice late summer weather here in south of nation - annual Australian F1 Grand Prix on in Melbourne end of next week

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)