Re: [Chrysler300] 200 MPH Speedometer

My father was a Chrysler/Plymouth dealer from 1960 to 1979.  In 1962, they
received a new 1962 Plymouth for stock inventory which mistakenly had a KPH
speedometer installed at the factory.  It seems to me that it also had
smaller MPH markings below the KPH markings, but I am not 100% sure about
that.

Jim in warmer n. Illinois

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 6:59 PM, Jean-Yves Chouinard <
jymopar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I had a 62 non-letter 300 that was originaly sold in France and it had a
> 200 speedo. It was 200 KMH, although the KMH was not written anywhere on the
> speedo.
> Canadian cars only started to have metric speedos in the mid to late 70's,
> so a Canadian early 60's car would have been in MPH just like the American
> cars. Those 200KMH speedos were just for Europe, maybe Australia too??
> If a 300F , G , H or J sold to Europe, I wonder if it had a KMH speedo? If
> so, it would have read 240 KMH ! The equivalent of 150MPH !
> But my guest is the "bean counters" at Chrysler would not have allowed for
> a special 240 KMH speedo for such a limited production "export letter car".
> Right? Maybe "export" letter cars had a 200 KMH speedo too...Anybody ever
> saw one??
> Jean-Yves in New Brunswick

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional