Re: [Chrysler300] Dual master cylinder conversion

Re: [Chrysler300] Dual master cylinder conversion

Just wanted to let y'all know -- A few minutes ago UPS delivered me a
brand new Made in USA master cylinder.  It's a Dorman #M36063.  It looks
to be a dead-on perfect replacement.  I paid $62.99 + $9.29 shipping
from Parts Highway.  Fabulous deal!

Keith Boonstra

-

Kraus300@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> My 300C brakes have failed twice. Both times were at 20-25 mph with no
> warnings.
>
> What worked for me?
>
> I'd rehearsed for that dreaded failure based on experiences with other
> cars.
>
> Steer toward any open space (consider lawns and open sidewalks )
>
> Press 1  to downshift (scrubs off a fair amount of speed)
>
> Pull handbrake. It works. Hearing now there could be parking brake or
> driveshaft  damage, I would still
>
> trade that over body damage.
>
> Luck also helps.
>
> Jim