[Chrysler300] electrical bugs 64 300

That time of the year again when the bugs start hatching.   One is in my 64 300. It just won't start off the ign switch...no power to it.   I tightened the wires on the back of the ammeter, which has the needle slightly into charge position without battery in car....hmmmm.

I cleaned corrosion from bulkhead plugs with Mr. PB blaster.....no luck starting it.
I  did hook a remote starter switch and a jumper lead from pos. side of coil to batt.

It started, horn and heater worked.  After removing jumper lead, with ign switch in on position, the temp and gas gauge registered.  No interior lights ,radio, headlights and no register on ammeter when brakes applied.

I think maybe the starter relay, I have 2 that may work.....or maybe the nuetral safety switch.
Funny thing, I was at NAPA last week, and the trained person behing the counter could not find neutral safety switch on his computer.     (black hole, maybe).

I see that the difference between the 4spd and automatic starter relay is the terminal for the switch.   The 300 is the pushbutton tranny.    Will this switch stop all current to the ign switch,
and other curcuits?    Or just the starter in nuetral and no other button positions?

I did find the plastic insulator for alternator pos. terminal, and installed it.
Dilemma, the ign switch, stater relay and nuetral switch acting up all at once?

If there is any one who has had this problem, please drop me some mail.  I figured I could find
the problem, since I fixed all the bugs in the dash and then some on the 4spd version.

oh well,  back to the service manual.   Mild day in Northern VA....300K-ly  Dave

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)