Re: [Chrysler300] 300f wheel alignment

You don't state what the specs were that they set it to and I'm sure
someone or the archives still have a copy of a lengthy handling article from the
listserver from maybe ten years ago but basically...

Have the shop set the car for maximum postive caster (2-2.5 degress would
be great)
camber slightly negative and toe in are preferred.

I have two 300K's and one we got 2.5 deg + caster ( this is what gives you
high speed directional stability ) and the latest one I built can barely
obtain  1.0 deg + ( I'm not positive - pun intended- but I think the
"improved"  style strut rod bushings are a higher durometer and don't crush as much
when  tightened thereby not bringing the lower control arm as far forward as
my other  K )  Anyway, point is the two cars track noticably different; the
one with  more caster rides better.

Hope this helps,
Mike Laiserin

In a message dated 5/7/2010 5:30:56 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,