[Chrysler300] Exhaust gas temperature

Hi group,
What are the causes/cures for excessively hot exhaust gas temperatures on a
440 V-8?
My friend has a car with a 440 that seems to run fine, no pinging, correct
timing at idle, no overheating or boil over of water/coolant, but it is
always very hot under the hood from the exhaust manifolds and rest of
exhaust system.  If timing at idle is good, could it be that it is not
advancing far enough with throttle open while driving causing a retarded
condition which causes the manifolds to get hot?  Could a carb with too
small of jets be causing a lean condition while throttle is open while
driving?  Could a too radical of replacement cam during engine rebuild cause
this?  Any theories appreciated.

> 30 days of prizes to be won with Hotmail. Enter Here.
> http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9729709

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: