Re: [Chrysler300] '58 FI exhaust piping question

Re: [Chrysler300] '58 FI exhaust piping question

Rich and All:
There was an optional exhaust system (2.5" to rear) available on all 300D
hardtops only.  I have never seen it specifically stated that this system
was standard with EFI, but have always kind of assumed it was.  I obtained
several 300D EFI exhaust pipes many many years ago from Chrysler Engineer
Mike  Kollins.  (He was the man in charge of converting the EFI cars back to
carbs.)  These pipes are 2.5" diameter with the four bolt flange.   They also
have provision for a crossover pipe, which makes them different from  the
390HP 300C units.  I note that the crossover pipe is also listed in the
parts book for "EFI 300Ds".  However, no other unique "EFI" exhaust parts  are
listed.  I am only guessing---but I think by the time this revision of  the
parts book was published, Service had decided to make available ONLY those
exhaust parts that were absolutely necessary, and the very unique exhaust
pipes  with its crossover were the only three.  If the rest of the system
needed  replacement, well, a suitable reducer would be used to adapt to the stock
 300C/300D system.
So, there is my input, for what it is worth!
300ly, Gil C.
Today in sunny Tallahassee,
Tomarrow in Albany, NY w/Grandkids

In a message dated 5/29/2010 6:30:21 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,