  From: charlies@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  To: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2010 9:57 AM
  Subject: [Chrysler300] Overheating Issues

  Hi All,
  Since we all drive the same type of "large autos", perhaps this group could come up with a few answers / suggestions to my problem. Seems that when I'm in heavy traffic with my 62 dual quad sport, the temp guage wants to live at the wrong side of the guage (hot). Then the car wants to bog and stall. At highway speeds she drives and cools much better.
  The radiadtor shop confirms that the rad is the original one that was shipped with the car - although only 29k on the drive train, they seem to think that the core would be pluged up. I did a cooling system flush with vinegar and water and that helped somewhat but not enough. The rad shop wants to re-core the rad with a 3 core low flow core. Does anyone have thoughts on low flow cores. The rad shop says this type of core is more efficient than the old tech OEM core. The clutch fan is good, the 160 degree thermostat is new, the hoses are all good and I'm pretty sure the head gasgets are good. Also would any of the following items have an effect on engine temperature under NORMAL driving conditions - carb jetting, spark plug heat range, distributor timing. Also would an aux trans cooler help this situation. I suspect the rad is the major issue here, but I'd like to cover all bases if I can.
  Thanks, Charlie in Ottawa (62 Sport).

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: