Re: [Chrysler300] Overheating Issues

Larry Jabin wrote:
> Thanks Paul

> I would like to hear more about how to plumb it, Since I read on one
> site that sells coolers that they suggested running from tranny to
> radiator to ext. cooler back to tranny.

> Any theories witch way would be better

> Any comments would be appreciated

> /Larry Jabin/

> Ma Mopar has used tranny coolers in a lot of the modern cars.

> You probably do not need a massively sized unit if you want to also use the
> built in cooler in the radiator. I seem to recall that the 57's were
> close to
> the first cars with coolers in the radiator, some 55-56 trannys in
> Chrysler cars
> were not even water cooled, OR had a small device that aided in cooling
> some.

> I'll bet you can use a cooler from the late 90's Sebrings with out any
> problems.

> I followed some discussions about aux coolers, and it seems the
> consensis was to plumb it before the radiator cooler, usually
 > folks kept the radiator unit in the system.

> My 80 Dodge truck has a factory aux cooler and they plumbed it with all
> rubber hoses and retained the radiator cooler also.

> --
> Paul Holmgren

Ok, as I understood the reasoning,  Plumb the HOT tranny feed to the Aux cooler,
aux cooler to the radiator, return from radiator to tranny.

The thinking was, You can cool the tranny fluid, you can cool it a touch too
much for optimum operation of the tranny, (I Believe this is more critical with
more modern trannys). Once the aux cooler did its thing, if need be the radiator
cooler might have warmed up the returning fluid to a more favorable operating
temp for the tranny to be happy with it. BUT with the aux cooler first, you are
Not asking the radiator cooling system to suck out a lot of BTU's from the
tranny fluid into the water/antifrooze chemical soup circulating in the cooling
system, ergo less strain on the factory cooling system.

--
Paul Holmgren
Mine: 2 57 300-C's in Indy

<*> Your email settings: