From: RWestra@xxxxxxx
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, Jun 4, 2010 3:28 pm
Subject: [Chrysler300] Help on new tires

Help.

 am searching for tires for my 300L.  I need 14" radial tires with a 1"
hitewall equivalent in size to the 8:55 x 14's that were original equipment.
t appears that this wold be a 225 75 R 14 in a radial.  I want to keep the
4" wheels to retain the stock factory wheel covers. The choices seem quite
imited.  I have looked at all the tire sources that I can find and it
ppears that these are my choices.

oker has only a 215 75 R 14 that is about a half inch smaller diameter but
ould carry the load.  It is made by American Classis (I am not familiar
ith this manufacturer) for $128 each.

iamond Back lists a 215 75 R 14 with the same dimensions as the American
lassic at Coker but they do not list a manufacturer for $174 each.

iamond Back also lists a 205R 14 (European Radial) that is supposed to be
 replacement for the 8:00/8:25 tire size.  The aspect ratio, I am told
ould be 88 instead of 75, which accounts for the slightly larger diameter (27"
s 26.7") for $196.

niversal and Lucas both list the 235 75 R 14 by American Classic.  I
elieve this would fit and would probably be equivalent to a 9:00 x 14. Their
rice is $225 each.  However, I have heard bad reports about 14" tires larger
han 215's.

oes anyone have nay experience with any of these tires?  What would you
ecommend.  I bought 225 75 R 14's last time (12 to 13 years ago).  They look
ine but I have had a tread seperation on two of them and even though the
iles are low the age causes me to fear getting out on the highway at any
peed.

ll comments would be helpful.

olland Westra

22 Medford Drive