[Chrysler300] Another simple fix for battery disconnect

[Chrysler300] Another simple fix for battery disconnect

Thanks for all the input on this minor, but interesting subject.  After
reading all the posts with interest, I removed the ugly little brass and
green knob, replaced the nut on the positive ground post cable end bolt with
a wing nut, installed those little red and green felt anti-corrosion
washers, rigorously cleaned the posts and cable end clamp internals, slipped
grandpa?s old ½? open-end wrench in the battery tray next to the battery and
snugged everything up.  The felt washer elevated the cable-end clamp just
enough to spin the wing nut after I had relieved part of the lead cable
clamp with a wood rasp.  Tomorrow, I?ll try and find some of that
Kopr-Shield stuff.

If I remember, I?ll change out the wing nut for a hex nut at the next
concours judging.  In the mean time, I feel I have a safe, reliable, cheap,
easy to operate and effective solution, although it has no anti-theft
protection.

I?m also reporting/repeating an excellent 6-Volt battery for the ?55 C300.
It is the Workaholic by Interstate Battery, a Group 2 with the proper
dimensions and top post locations.  Model 2XHD.  600 CCA, 750 CA.  A black
battery with three black plastic stoppers-friction fit.  Any suggestions for
proper color of the stoppers?  Red, green or ???  By removing the vinyl
warning tags, it looks fairly authentic and innocuous.	 I think I heard
there is no judging penalty for a black battery and I?ve not heard any good
reports about the longevity of the reproduction batteries.

Onward to bigger and better things.  Thanks for the input.

Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA-Pushing 100 degrees at 4:30 PM.
1955 Chrysler C-300