[Chrysler300] (Chrysler300] Matador Red & other 300 colors

[Chrysler300] (Chrysler300] Matador Red & other 300 colors

Anyone wishing to check early 300 original colors, if you go to Google and type in 'auto color library', or else type it all as one word, it takes you to PPG paint website.

A pop up box appears on the right where you select your make from the names listed there, it then reloads, and you select your wanted year.

For 1958 300, you go first "Chrysler", then select "1958" as wanted year. Up comes an original 1958 color chips chart, and there you will see Matodor Red, with original paint numbers etc.  PPG give the option of ordering it in either acrylic or enamel. Nearest suppilers I think are listed within the site somewhere else. I used their formulas back in late 90s to tint in PPG tinters my 1957 300C, plus 1957 Tbird Inca Gold (a yellow)(both cars acrylic), plus 1962 Jag XKE Carmen Red (in solid color two pack).  All cars now 50 years old may have even original paint in totally protected areas that are different to when applied new, that why maybe original formulas are better/safer??!

All three cars have been seen by marque experts, all seemingly 100% correct match, plus the quality of both types of paint is outstanding.

Final postscript - in 1957 seemingly Chrysler had two suppliers at various times, and from original color chip charts I bought, RM brand seemed closest to more Factory red color of the '57 300C Gauguin Red - the other suppliers color card showing a more Coral type red, although it still not a Coral, nor close to the '57/58 Coral Red.  Whatever, I think any color mixeed off PPG site/formula will be way closer than trying to match by eye/sample - color mixing/matching by sample without knowing all the original tints in it, is real hit and miss re getting it exactly/near right

Christopher in Australia,  - last week we in one night dumped our Prime Minister who had only been in Office about 2/3rds of his term - he had spent billions on public spending projects where near each one saw waste/rorts of up to 50% - they put in his female Deputy who backed near everything he did - Politics is just as frustrating/illogical as sometimes working on cars/300s can be??!! The former PM had just appeared on Sunday evening "60 Minutes" TV program - he was shown calling his dog over to pat it, and it ran away - not a good omen, and 3 days later he (and his dog and family) has to move out of his flash PM Taxpayer funded huge Residence!!!