[Chrysler300] Question regarding long rams vs. short rams on a J

[Chrysler300] Question regarding long rams vs. short rams on a J

Hello ram experts. I have some specific questions on cross ram usage in a J.
I have a J that some prior owner installed F/G style exhaust heated long
rams (casting #1947168) with log style exhaust manifolds on the original
C300J engine, using correct J carbs with manual chokes.  I do not know yet
if it has the original J heads.  I am quite certain it has the original cam,
as based on my work thus far there is no evidence that the engine was ever
torn apart.  While obviously not factory correct as is, before I consider
acquiring the correct short rams and exhaust headers, which at least one of
our members has available, I wanted to verify how well the long ram setup
actually functions on a J.  I know that the peak torque should occur at 2800
rpm vs, 3600 rpm for the short rams based on internal tube length and the
fact that the valve open duration is 268 degrees on an F, G or J.  However,
is there some other factor at least in theory that would prevent the long
rams from functioning correctly on a J, or is the valve open duration the
key?  In practice, from driving the car before I started tearing into it, it
seemed to produce copious amounts of low end torque as I would expect.  .

Anyway, if someone could validate that the long rams should function OK, I
might consider leaving this non-stock configuration just for the low end
punch.  Since this may not be of interest to the whole listserver feel free
to respond to me separately.

Thanks!

Carl Bilter

Cedar Rapids IA