[Chrysler300] Re: Question regarding long rams vs. short rams on a J

[Chrysler300] Re: Question regarding long rams vs. short rams on a J

Hi Carl,

    As the owner of both a relatively stock K and a  highly modified K I'll
tell you I prefer "stock". When I got my first K decades  ago (wow time
flies when you're having fun) it came with a 413 in the trunk with  a set of
long rams and matching exhaust manifolds. At 23 years old I didn't yet  know
the difference and put the car back together as best as I could. It ran
well. As parts became available I changed to the correct short rams and headers
and only a few years ago put the correct 3505's back on.

    Although I don't believe you'll notice a difference  in day to day
cruising around with the car I still hope you decide to make your  J original.
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but the J was  the lowest
production , lightest, highest horsepower and best overall  performing letter
car. It was the last letter for standard dual quads  and leather interior. It
was the last Letter available with 15" wheels or a  150mph speedometer.

    So.. if the parts are available why not make it the  way it's supposed
to be. Because it's supposed to be and not for "value".   I'm sure someone
out there could use your long rams for their project. If  you don't do it now
and then decide in 5 years you want to restore to stock  you might spend
another 5 years looking for the correct parts.  Just my .02

Mike Laiserin
Scottsdale, AZ

In a message dated 7/11/2010 6:10:24 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,