Re: [Chrysler300] dead speedo cable still

Re: [Chrysler300] dead speedo cable still

  If a cable is too long, as far as being functional, there is no problem. Might not look right but a 'reasonable over length' should be gatherupable with generous radiuses somewhere in a car the size of a 300C. With a too short cable properly routed but short on one end, shortage should be something that can be determined.

  Exact length is not as critical as are working parts at both ends of the cable. That would also include correct ends and the correct drive core.

  Too short might be a problem especially if cable is wrapped around a corner at too tight a radius.

  If cable core is breaking, indication would be that speedometer head is seizing or the bearing is trying to seize.

  Warren Anderson
  Sedona,AZ

  i am trying find the exact length of the speed o meter cable in my 57 C.

  i have put in 4 new ones from some place in california / they either
  break or don't fit...or break because they are not the exact length.

  is anyone willing to pull their cable out and measure it for me?

  i have offered to name my next born child after someone for other
  favors to no avail.

  in all the putting together of my 57 basket case...this speed o meter
  cable problem is the pain in the butt-est of all.

  the guy in california just says tell me the length and i will make you
  a cable / that hasn't worked 4 times.

  or or or is there someone who knows exactly which cable to sell us in
  the first place.

  billllllllll in hot hot hot kennewick

  at the moment i am using a GPS gizmo for a speed o meter

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)