From: Warren Anderson <wranderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Dave Dumais <daveskstick@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, July 23, 2010 7:44:55 PM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] to all: security of vehicles

I have a security system, monitored 24/7 off site. My shop is the only facility
in the area that has not been the victim of intruders. Neighbors do not have
security systems. Our system is very intentionally, very simple; no frills.

Our security system includes fire monitoring.

Our system was installed 20 years ago when we built the building. It is hard
wired. There are now wireless systems. These, I know nothing about. Our current
system replaced the first system due to age.

Reliability without false alarms is important. Our first system got me out at 3
AM so many times. This system is a professional product installed by my own hand
and has been trouble free now about 16 months. Not a record as I had reworked
the old system. Point is, system installer and the equipment quality are very
important.

Warren Anderson
Sedona,AZ

My "garage" is not the standard wooden or metal enclosure that is tamper proof.
It is shaped like the old Qounset hut, With mandrel aluminum frame, and heavy
duty re-inforced synthetic membrane.

At some unspecified time, while I am still on a "away project" from the house,
my enclosure was vandalized in Alexandria, Va.

The outer membrane was cut horizontally to allow the transgressors entry
inside. My folks at home have assured me that the K 4spd was not vandalized,
and nothing appears to be missing.

I will return Sunday to file a report with the local Men in Blue.

So I ask you my fellow brothers in old iron, outside of removing all tires and
setting the Brute on it's lowest level, what can be done.?

I am not able to hire the Contractor to build a stable garage without tapping a
retirement fund.

I still contract my services away from the house. Chain it to the concrete?
Get LO-JAC,

The area was advised that the Illegals were caught breaking into building,
sheds, garages to spirit away hand and power tools.

Since they found neither, they/them sliceed a $500 panel, this enclosure was
imported from Canada. Perhaps I should rent an enclosure from a storage space,
and have th K get kennel cough. beside myself, the mirror
image is scary.
I need some suggestions, in a
safe way

thanks, 300K-ly for now, Dave