Re: [Chrysler300] 300 C and D exhaust systems

Re: [Chrysler300] 300 C and D exhaust systems

All:
I happened to be over at my car storage yesterday and so had a chance to
check the length of a Sono 6X which has resided in my 300C trunk for many
years.  The body measured 34 1/8" long.  Guess it could me safely  rounded off
to 34 inches.  Interestingly, the specifications I have from  Chrysler
Engineering call out 35 inches as the length for the 300C muffler  (Arvin
#2192BW).  Where did the inch go?  Got lost between engineering  and service, I
guess!
For Ron's question, yes, all aspects of the 300C and 300D standard
equipment exhaust systems are identical.  I am pretty sure that statement  applies
to the "C" and "D" convertibles as well.
Hope this is of some help.
Thanks, Marv, for the info on the source for these components.
300ly, Gil Cunningham

In a message dated 7/23/2010 4:44:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,