Re: [Chrysler300] Power steering hose

  First suggestion would be to verify that hose you have is intended for PS return hose use. Sounds like you have a general purpose hydraulic hose which has little give and is a lot stiffer than you need.  Good parts counter person will know what you need.  Heater hose won't work either and hose must be correct nominal size. Measure fitting diameter just behind bubble flare.

  A heat gun will help soften the hose and let you push it on BTW but you really need to get the correct hose for the job and it should fit just fine and without heat (in the summer months anyway).

  Warren Anderson
  Sedona,AZ

  Hello
  I had leak in high pressure power steering hose and decided to replace the return hose as well. I'm having trouble pushing the hose on to the nipple on the steering box. I'm only able to get it on about 5/8 inch. Any suggestion on how to get a rubber hose to slid on a nipple with less struggle?
  Thanks
  Ken Krull

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional