Re: [Chrysler300] Member's passing

Carol and I were very sorry to hear of Don's death----and in such a tragic
way.  We can only imagine the effect on his little grand daughter.   Our
condolences go out to Kathy and the entire Rook family.
Don was indeed one of a kind.  We remember attending one of his annual
Father's Day car shows at his farm in Pleasant Valley, PA.  Only Mopars and
Packards were invited, as I recall.  Generally several hundred cars showed
up.  He also hosted the 16th annual 300 Club Spring Meet there in  1986.  He
had two HUGE steel buildings full of various Chrysler 300s, other  Mopars,
and of course, Packards.  I believe even a couple of Grahams.   At any rate,
lots of fun to wander through and just look.  He also had a  "junkyard" some
distance away that included a considerable number of manual  shift '61 and
'62 Chryslers.  I do not think too many cars from that yard  made the long
trip to Arkansas when they moved.  I don't know for sure, but  I believe the
vast majority of his collection did, however.
In Mena, AR, he and Kathy hosted two more meets, Spring of '88 and Spring
of '97.  (He seems to have avoided doing the Fall meets----didn't much care
for the judging activity, as I recall!)  We did get a chance to see the new
 completed Rook home/B&B and the remaining cars on our trip thru there to
the  Oklahoma meet in 2006.  It was still a lot of fun to look at the cars
and  parts----all of which were always for sale, I think.  Carol was  treated
by Don to a tour of the property on an ATV which was  great  fun.
             We are happy and fortunate to have many good memories  of our
various experiences with Don, and wish his family all the  best.
Gil Cunningham
Tallahassee, FL

In a message dated 8/12/2010 6:58:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,