FW: [Chrysler300] 4- bolt truck manifolds for 300C ?

From:  http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118712
<http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118712&highlight=hemi+t
ech&page=4> &highlight=hemi+tech&page=4

Scroll down.  Some pretty interesting intake and exhaust manifold
descriptions and photos.  The writer of this post is not me and it will
apparently take some R&D and registration at the site to find him.  John
Forney is apparently involved in both options if he still lives at the
posted e-mail address.

I and club members Bruce Toelle and Scott Tozzi all had our 300's at the
Wine Country Mopars show Sunday and each of us brought home trophies in
various MoPar classes.  Not enough 300's there to make a class of our own.
A great venue at the Sonoma Jacuzzi Winery.  Keep this in mind for next
year.

And, yes, it is the same family that made and marketed Jacuzzi tubs; and no,
the wine was not prepared or served from one!

C-300'ly,

Rich Barber

Brentwood, CA

1955 Chrysler C-300

Yes, both the popular "truck-style" 4-bolt exhaust manifolds are being
reproduced by John Forney jwforney@xxxxxxx and the '57-58 Chrysler
flat-sided 4-bolts needed for the 392 in the Chrysler 300 stock chassis is
also being reproduced with John's help and sold by me (send PM to me if
interested).

The original truck manifolds have been popular with hot rodders and have
been going up in price but many were very abused from their years on trucks
and typically have broken mounting ears or have cracks and repairs from
extreme heating in high load conditions and many are warped. So John Forney
reproduced them. Super high quality castings and he is the machinist that
finishes them. He also sells the head pipe stubs to start your downpipe.
Besides the trucks, this is the exhaust manifold that Carl Kiekhaefer
legally used on the '55-56 Chrysler 300 race cars in NASCAR because it is a
factory part and it clears everything in the car chassis.

The '57-58 manifold repro I offer had to be created by the factory as a
response to the new-for-57 torsion bar chassis. The old truck 4-bolts would
not clear the right upper control arm and the steering box. By slightly
flattening the casting of one ram's horn the clearance was gained. This was
accomplished by the mid-57 production year and became an offering on the '58
option list included in "the 2.5" exhaust system" option for all 300s and
was standard on the cars equipped with electronic fuel injection.

your hot rod, John's manifolds are perfect. If you are building a '57-59
factory chassis Mopar with one of those engines in it, you will need my
flat-sided 4-bolt manifolds for clearance.