To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: brandt300g@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 00:48:40 -0700
Subject: [Chrysler300] Melissa's long day.

Hello to everyone in 300sville again!

It's been a long day with my G. First, I got her oil changed at 800 'mile mark' after fresh engine rebuild which is FANTASTIC by the way!! At the same token though, next, I got the tires rotated at Discount Tire here in Escondido (about 12 miles from me) and she STILL pulls to right. I even deflated the left front tire down to 35 psi (I like to run all at 40, for even nimbler performance). She was running hot too at 225 degrees F. but we FINALLY got some actual heat here today in Valley Center, Ca.  Is 225 degrees near sending unit too hot!? Also, she's not idling right. Her dwell is correct at about 36 degrees but the points are starting to not open up enough perhaps? To boot, my next problem today was running out of gas? Or did I run out of gass!!?? When I tried to leave Discount, It wouldn't start. I removed BOTH air cleaners. ALL 4 'secondary jets' (2 in each carb), sure enough were NOT shooting fuel out (when operating the linkage by hand). I
hope it's not my accelerator pump(s).   .... Now, did she run out of gas!? At this point, I get back in car but fuel gauge reads 1/3 way full. Should I check my fuel sending unit? (I just got one for my '58 Merc...funny).  I will find out beyond the shadow of a doubt If I siphin back out more than 4 or so gallons because earlier, less than 2 gallons for sure were put in. Now, if I find out I didn't run out of gas, I'll focus my attention on the fuel pump because earlier today, I already replaced the fuel filter. Also, with fuel pump removed, I had somebody observe my now open hose coming off of pump while I cranked motor. At first, nothing, then they were little sputters but hard to say if normal because more rpms are necessary (running engine)) to make it 'sputter' to what would be considered normal. Any other methods for checking if a fuel pump is working or not? If all that goes well, then I have blockage and/or dirt in both carbs because
remember, all 4 jets weren't working.
 Well.......We finally primed the carbs one last time and she fired right up and I got her back in my garage. Based on all my info, is it more than likely that there's blockage in my carbs/accelerator pump(s) because of dirt? It's the last piece of the puzzle if it did NOT run out of gas!
 Finally, yes, she still pulls to the right and it's more imparitive than ever that it's due to the accident that Melissa was in perhaps decades ago. To make an even longer story shorter, she's going to stay in garage for awhile because of, yes.... $.
........Hope your all doing great!

300ly (& still sincere), Brandt & Family.
300G,
So. Calif.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional