[Chrysler300] Exhaust systems

A local old-time muffler shop (Antioch Muffler Service) also has these
cards, at least back to our '55 C300.  The cards control the bending of the
various pipes by an automated pipe bender.  I believe the experience of the
old-timer probably resulted in a few last minute adjustments to assure a
rattle-free installation.

I let him talk me into combining the original two pieces of the exhaust
pipes from the manifolds to the mufflers into single piece-and also to
ignore the intermediate clamp that stabilizes these pieces to steel ears
projecting from the PowerFlite pan area.  As I recall, every additional
joint allowed the installer some additional flexibility in adjusting the
pipes for maximum clearance without heating and beating them.

If I ever redo one of these exhaust system, I'll insist on factory-original
configuration-even if it is somewhat inefficient and more expensive.  I'd
also try to find a complete set of original-type clamps and hangers and
insist on their use.  I had them use aluminized, rather than stainless steel
piping and the pipes still look good.  In spite of demerits, I do like
rumble and song the three-chamber Flowmaster mufflers allow.

C-300'ly,

Rich Barber

Brentwood, CA