[Chrysler300] Melissa rides again!

Hi to all in 300sville!

She's finally purring and 'rambuncious'! Melissa has no more exhaust leak. I swallowed my pride and took her back to MJM Engines were her engine was rebuilt and they were backed up, so they sent her down to the next building were I had the exhaust leak(s) fixed! I KNEW BETTER.....yet I tightened the gasket from one end to the other and NOT how they should be tightened...from the center studs to outs! Also, I wasn't all the way tight on a couple ( I could have swore I was) and now all is well. As for the intake gasket, I scored one at Kragen Auto Parts, yes, Kragen! The old one severed when I was moving intake manifold up far enough so I could get the exhaust manifold out. I had feared that my heat riser was leaking and these parts as some of you know aren't currently around (John Hertog had given the last ones to Jeff Carter).
 Anyways, she gets 8 new brake shoes in asbestos (asbestos is bestos). Also, all drums will be checked for egg shape, then machined if necessary within specs (I believe 0.60 is max). Next, the shoes will be pre arced correctly to the corresponding drum. How could I go wrong? Also, I need to reset my points back to approx. 0.17. as well because there's still sometimes if not all flat spots through full acceleration. Yes, I think the flat spots are intermittent (ugh). If that doesn't do it, I will check the coil. There is no fuel issue (had a new one installed which was from a '62. Kragen's book there only goes back to '62). Oh yeah, my speedometer just took a 'dive'.  I will keep you all posted!

Sincerely & 300ly, Brandt H J with a G.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: