Re: [Chrysler300] to all you brake mod guys

Re: [Chrysler300] to all you brake mod guys

Hi to all,

Back in 1961, I had alot more hair and could hit a baseball a long way. Also in 1961, you could go to any Chrysler dealer and get brand new drums and hubs so that your "G" would be able to stop well.

Those days are gone. I have alot less hair and shoulder pain talks to me quite often and I hardly can throw a spit ball.

All we have left are used 1961 New Yorker drums. If there is enough metal to turn the drums, the brake shoes need to be radiused to match. The machines to accomplish this are almost gone and the personel with the skill to run it have less hair too.

Put disc brakes on the front and back and you don't need a prop. valve.

It is better if you can stop well and not hit anyone in the rear. Keep an eye in the rear view mirror to see if you are about to be rear ended.

Better to be the windshield than the bug!

Tony
300-F Conv't with disc brakes on front and back

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)