RE: [Chrysler300] 1963 300 J wannabe

I'm not positive about 63's but later B blocks don't have an ID pad under the A/C compressor, RB's do. If it's a 383, the ID would be below the distributor and it wouldn't have the pad. I would suggest a 413 would have the pad like later RB's (440). You should be able to see in there well enough to determine if the pad is cast in the block or not.....

Ryan Hill

To: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: JettLarry@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 14:35:19 -0400
Subject: [Chrysler300] 1963 300 J wannabe

Just bought a rust free CA blackplate barn find. It has every option
including leather. Seller tells me it is a 413. The AC compressor hides the
engine serial number. Is there any visible proof of the cid of these RB
engines other than the engine number? This car is a survivor and just makes
me shiver with excitement should if really be a 413. The pragmatist in me
suggests it can't be but a 383, but maybe?

It will be at LSMFT....will you?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: