RE: [Chrysler300] Chrysler 300 oil

My question is will the remaining available oil with ZDDP likely go the way
of leaded gas; i.e. is it a dying breed and will we inevitably face the need
to just use an additive like Eastwood's?  My understanding is that the ZDDP
levels in motor oil were reduced starting in the mid-1990's.  This means
that many of us who didn't know any better ran on low-ZDDP for a long time
before the issue got a lot of visibility.  Do we have an engineer expert in
the club that knows for sure that Eastwood's (or other brands) ZDDP leaves
undesirable deposits?

With the no-lead gas issue, I believe that it has been proven that in light
engine use (i.e. not drag racing or towing) that value seat recession is
minimal.  Twenty-five plus years of no lead gas seems to bear that out.  It
seems that ZDDP is a more critical issue, especially for the solid-lifter
cams and especially during break-in on rebuilt engines.  The ZDDP issue has
been debated in the club for the last eight years.  Is there a clear
long-term solution?

Thanks

Carl Bilter

300J that needs ZDDP