From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of lettercars@xxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2010 5:27 AM
To: paulholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; mckanical-marvels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Oil

All:
I have a simple question for those who know. Do diesel engines use flat
tappets or roller type? Seems like the answer to that would help decide the
correct oil for us. Personally, I have used Castrol diesel oil in the
300F since the first change. So far, so good with six meets under its tires.
300ly, Gil Cunningham
Yet another perfect day in Tally-town, FL

In a message dated 11/13/2010 8:22:25 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
paulholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:paulholm%40ameritech.net> writes:

On 11/12/2010 9:15 PM, mckanical-marvels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:mckanical-marvels%40atlanticbb.net> wrote:
> A friend just showed me oil he purchased from Summit Racing containing
ZDDP,
> and oil purchased from Comp Cams containing ZDDP. He said he uses
Rotella
> 15W40 in his '65 Satellite / 318 Poly engine. He also related a story
about
> someone who rebuilt an engine and wiped out three cams using modern oil.
> Finally, someone told him the ZDDP story!
> I have been told that Shell has been pressured into removing the zinc
and
> phosphorus from Rotella, but our regional Shell rep researched it for me
and
> cannot confirm that. He said that Rotella is safe for all modern and all
> older engines as well!!??
> I have purchased Rotella 10W30........AND ZDDP additive for in my "K".
>
> Troy McKenzie
> K Koop
> From the highest county in PA

Sorry, modern Diesel oils in the USA HAVE to conform to EPA regs and
EPA said, get the zink out!!! Daughter works in the industry and they
are even having supply problems on the newer fuels too!

--
Paul Holmgren
Mine: 2 57 300-C's in Indy

"Leave Group" button