[Chrysler300] RE: '55-'56 Seat Belts availabilty

[Chrysler300] RE: '55-'56 Seat Belts availabilty

Dear John and fellow 300 crew,

Please find att pics of seat belts which may help, plus a few more for your collective interest. Since these pics were taken the car has been fully restored.

The info John has provided was fascinating to me. Just a few more pieces of that Historical Mopar puzzle put in place for me. Based on the info John has provided, I suspect now that this may be a dealer fit on my car also, although the quality of installation looks like the dealer followed factory kit instructions to an exacting standard. It really is a complex setup and looks to be exactly per Johns data provided. I'll be having another close look at that rear beam install! No doubt the safety aspect of this component was important enough even back then to install properly......My brother recently had rear seats re fitted in a Dodge Journey here and the dealer forgot to re fit the bottom anchor bolt on one of the middle belts, kids pulled it right out from between the seats! To say the least he was not impressed!

Hope these att pics help, One Thing I am trying to research is the Special Order code "SO C322" on my 300B, 3N562031 which was a special order owned for more than 25 years by the late Mr Ken Perry, who lived in Oakland then moved to Grass Valley California. I was excited to learn recently that Ken in his lifetime was a recipient of the prestigious "Hudson Auberlin" Award on 25th June 2000 at the Chrysler 300 Club meet in Denver Colarado.

This award has only been extended 4 times up till this time, so I thought that this fact might rekindle some memory of Ken amongst CA enthusiasts out there, who might share with me some history of Ken & his cars, particularly his 300B which I am now the proud owner.

A number of club experts have considered what the SO might represent, however to date nothing firm can be determined. Despite this I am grateful for their efforts. I suspected it might have been related to either the seat belts, or more likely now the front antenna delete, considering my B had twin rear antenna's from new and never had a hole in the front guard.

I am sure Mr Perry knew what it was he owned, and it is sad sometimes when a little History is lost with the passing of our fellow enthusiasts. It is just my hope that perhaps I can piece some history together again and document it with the car, for the benefit of my own historical interest and that of future collectors.

Look forward to any help in keeping the history alive. I have provided my e-mail address below if you wish to contact me off list.

Best Regards

Sean Morgan in Australia

Also owner or 300D LC4 1414