  From: Mark Souders
  To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, January 24, 2011 4:37 PM
  Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Delta Wing Air Cleaners

  Hi John,
  When the Desoto Fireflite went across the block, the announcer stated "This Desoto is equipped with the Adventurer dual carb setup, but the batwing air cleaner looks like it was from a Cadillac." He obviously knew very little about Chrysler cars (he knew every detail about the Corvettes & Mustangs, though). That's when I sent an email to Speed. My email stated that "In 1956 the dual quad setup was standard on the Adventurer and 300B, and the batwing air cleaner was correct for those cars. That's where Cadillac got the idea."

  When they showed the engine bay while the car was on the block, it appeared to be a two-carb setup, but the picture they have on their web site clearly shows only one carb. Still, it was a beautiful example, and the bidding reflected that. I was surprised that the next car in line, an Adventurer hardtop, didn't bring nearly as much money. I guess it's true that when the top goes down the price goes up.

  Best regards,
  Mark Souders
  300H
  Mohrsville, PA