  From: Keith Boonstra
  To: Larry Jabin
  Cc: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2011 9:19 PM
  Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 1957-1958 300C & D Front Arm Rest Supports

  Larry,you just pulled my chain. I've been working on this along with
  Mike Burke and Jim Bartuska ever since about last August. The Eastern
  Club is planning to make these available as a project. I've never heard
  of anyone who has a really nice pair either on or off a '57-'59 car. A
  combination of bad plastic materials used and stress on the two screws
  holding them to the door did every last one of them in. The problem in
  reproducing them has been that a lot of tricky functions and shapes all
  have to happen at once on these things, and we have been trying to
  accomplish this without springing for something like 20-25K for an
  injection mold.

  What we are working on involves a multi-part vacuum mold process that
  will cost about half as much. We have a company that is interested and
  has put a fair amount of work into it already. I made up a perfect
  model in mahogany for them way back last fall, and we've picking away at
  the project ever since. The delay has been getting them to fast-track
  it because they've been pretty busy. Frankly, so far it's been hard to
  get them to focus on any kind of a schedule. My contact there will be
  back from vacation (again) tomorrow morning, and I have it on my to-do
  list to become a bit of a badger with him on the subject.

  I need a pair myself as badly as anyone; and I know I've said this
  before, but I hope within the next few weeks to have some true progress
  to report.

  Keith Boonstra

  -

  On 2/26/2011 9:43 PM, Larry Jabin wrote:

  > 1957-1958 300C & D Front Arm Rest Supports
  >
  > I know this has been discussed in the past & someone was working on these
  > Anyone heard anything lately
  >
  > Also if anyone has a decent pair they want to sell please let me know.
  > I know they won't be cheap
  >
  > Thanks
  >
  > Larry Jabin
  > San Francisco..