  From: Roger Schaaf
  To: mgoodknight@xxxxxxxx
  Cc: pennsy300@xxxxxxx ; chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2011 1:45 PM
  Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Heni Plug Wires

  I've posted this before, but will do so again for those who may not have seen my posting:

  In the past I owned several different BMW 633's and M-635's. One time I had purchased a brand new set of plug wiring for one of them.

  One day I decided to change the plug wires in our 300 B because of several broken bakelite shields. Found that replacement wires were expensive and had been also told that most were junk.

  I took a look at those that I had for my BMW 6 series cars and found that they looked as though they had been made for the 300. However of much higher quality(especially the insulators). I took the 6 of them that I had (BMW 6 series are 6 cylinders) and replaced the B's plug wires with those for the BMW. Even the lengths are almost perfect. I did end up retaining a couple of the 300 wires that still appeared ok.

  Have been in use for many years and function absolutely perfectly,,,in fact I suspect much better than the stock 300 wires.

  I do not know current availability of these wires from BMW,,,,likely available.

  Roger Schaaf
  300 B, Calyfornua
  On Apr 12, 2011, at 12:42 PM, mgoodknight@xxxxxxxx wrote:

  > My brother bought some from Atlas Obsolete Parts. They sell through ebay. His were not great wires and wwwwaaaaaaayyyyyy overpriced. I bought a set from them also before I knew of his result. The ones I got were of good quality, but also overpriced. Both sets included plastic plug boots instead of the original ceramic style. I don't think that's a problem, but I prefer the more original construction. I needed still another set so I elected to build my own, since I already had an acceptable set of ceramic boots. I bought a 25ft roll of good 7mm wire at an auto flea market and all of the wire terminals I needed to make them complete. At each end of each wire when attaching the terminals I applied a quantity of 2-part epoxy (similar to JB WELD) to secure them better and I'm very pleased with the result.
  > I strongly recommend against Atlas -- have had other problems with them too.
  > Marshall Goodknight, c300 and 2 exta engines

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)