Re: [Chrysler300] Color change

Hi, Travis:

Everyone should enjoy the car of the their preferred color.

My E was repainted by the original owner before I bought it in 1966. It's build
code was ZZZ - Copper Spice. The original owner wanted more red in the paint. It
was a cheap laquer job with poor masking and massive overspray, including the
silencing pads in the trunk lid. The paint faded and oxidized over the years to
a point where it is now a grimy, silvery pink.

I am in the process of restoring both an E and a '64 Newport (frame-off) at the
same time. I use the Newport as tial and error; learning from mistakes before
taking similar steps with the E. When I realized what needed to be painted on
the E after the extensive repainting of the Newport, I decided to stay with the
E's original color.

Having been through this, I suggest you repaint your G to the original color,
keeping more of the value of the car that could be used to sell/trade for the G
or letter carof your choice color. Cars painted to code return more value to the
owner.

Just a thought....

Regards,
Ron Kurtz