To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: rwbrwn@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 08:43:29 -0500
Subject: [Chrysler300] Re: Color change

Hi Travis: It's nice to keep your letter car the original color, but I
personally believe that Chrysler got a discount deal on cheap white paint!
Therefore make it whatever you like since it has to please you! Most
started out life as white and it doesn't seem to change the value at resale
time unless you try to hide your decision and change the data plate (which I
don't advise). As to concours judging, they need to get over it. To me
its about style, attention to deal, performance, and faithful restoration to
stock where it counts, not color. You also need to think about the type of
restoration you are doing. Correctly painting a white care fire wall,
inside fenders, etc. to some other color requires the car to come completely
apart, right down to the last screw---a ton of work.

We are finishing up our Sheffield. Silver 300G now (should be done within
30 days), the data plate says LL1 (Silver), so yes they came that way.
It's a stunning color, if you want some pictures advise and I will send em.
Or, you are welcome to come and look yourself if you happen to be in the
Midwest (Wisconsin). After that project, we will start on a 300F, an
original white one. When we get finished it might be white or maybe red!

Go with your heart, not something that you will not be happy with later.
Bob Brown

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: