RE: [Chrysler300] Don't count out the white G's!

RE: [Chrysler300] Don't count out the white G's!

A couple observations:

I totally agree with Andy that one should not discount the white Gs, or any
G for that matter.  Ask the man (or woman) who owns one (or did own one).

The Golden G at St. Charles was excellent but not absolutely flawless if one
were picky - it had some paint touch-ups and such. And the incorrect repro
wires wheels seem ubiquitous on these cars at auction now.  But at $68000
(plus 6% buyers premium for a total of $72080) it was a very good bargain
IMHO.  The selling price at St. Charles was better than the high bids this
same car got at Mecum Monterrey in August 2010 and at Worldwide Auctions
Houston (I think) earlier in 2010.  It had last sold for $77000 at Worldwide
Auctions in Houston in 2007; so the owner took a loss.  Perhaps the color
was the issue?

That said the Mecum St. Charles auction is a "regional" vs. flagship auction
and perhaps does not attract the right type of buyer for this car.  Mecum
auctions can be a good place to buy a letter car if they have one you like
but not necessarily the right place to sell one (again, IMHO).  A Charger
R/T, Boss Mustang, Chevelle LS5 etc would be a different story at Mecum.

Scottsdale attracts a lot of high dollar bidders due to all the action going
on there in January.  And I think that Russo & Steele, Gooding, RM and
Barrett Jackson also attract the big buck speculators that pay up for letter
cars and other 50's American iron that turns their crank.  And arguably, the
collector car market has been heating up again this year.  Might explain the
higher price on the white G at Scottsdale  Just my 2c.

Carl Bilter

With a cool white J that's a G wannabe (it has G rams and exhaust manifolds)

  _____