Re: [Chrysler300] battery cap color

Hi All:
This is kind of a late response to the question of 300F battery cap
colors----especially since I do not have an answer!!  Just thought my  endeavors
might give some of you an idea of other places to look.  I only  could think
of two color sources of an original (from 1960) 300F engine  compartment.
One is the cover of Sportscar Graphic, June 1960, and the  other is the Bob
Rodger video describing the car's attributes.  I was sure  that one would
show the battery----which it did.  However, if there were  any caps on the
battery, I couldn't see them.  ALL dark/black in the  battery area.  Maybe they
were off, or they were some VERY dark  color.
As for the magazine cover---the caps in that publicity picture are a light
yellow color.  That would be alright, if not for the fact the brake booster
 and oil filler cap are also that light yellow color!  Oh yes, the valve
covers are a gray and the generator is blue.  At least the air cleaners are
gold and the rams red.  Would they have actually colored the caps?   Who
knows?
Does anyone have another idea for a color ORIGINAL 1960 battery cap
picture?
I purchased my 300F battery from Antique Auto Battery as well, and it has
the red caps. Also, all the road test black and white pics show the caps
dark---just a little lighter than the battery, itself.  Probably red, eh?
Just a little something to think about for those so inclined.
300ly, Gil C.

In a message dated 4/20/2011 6:26:15 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,