Re: Re: [Chrysler300] 413 Fuel Pump

Doug,
The fuel pump on my H engine was replaced by the previous owner by an aftermarket Carter
unit. Last week I decided to check the fuel pressure at the carb and discovered that I had almost 9
psi. The Carter carbs on our engines were designed to run at around 5 - 6 psi. Excessive fuel
pressure can lead to needle and seat issues. Be sure you get the right pressure pump for your
engine, otherwise you will need a fuel pressure regulator.
Charlie in Ottawa

On May 9, 2011, GERALD OLSON <olson77@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  Doug, Theirs always Mancini in Roseville, Mi. with the Hemi pump. BTW, If you're down on that corner of the engine replacing the pump, Spend the extra $8.00 and put a new push-rod in there. If the pump is gone, the push-rod can't be far behind and an 1/8th to 3/16th of wear will leave you on the side of the road! Jer