[Chrysler300] heater cable routing 1956

I am wondering about the routing for the 1956 heater temperature control
cable. My cable is stuck solid. The heater valve is fine but the Bowden
cable is stuck. Even once I get it to slide, the cable as it is routed
now has two significant bends which can't make for easy operation.

Page 418  of the service manual shows the route in figure 12 -- it
shows  the cable takes a 180 from the temp slider then up along the top
of the dash then drops down to the valve.

My car doesn't have that -- the cable does a 90 from the temp slider,
goes over the steering column, down into the carpet, across the
passenger foot well, and another 90 up to the valve........not at all as
in the service manual.

Interested to hear the correct cable routing, or at least a routing that
works.

Bob

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional