Re: [Chrysler300] Ball and Trunnion Universal Joint Service Kit Needed (

Re: [Chrysler300] Ball and Trunnion Universal Joint Service Kit Needed (64 300 K)

Hello, Greg:

Andy Bernbaum (617) 244-1118 may have the kit you are looking for. He lists them
up to 1962 but should fit a '64.

A special tool is required to remove the old pin and install the new one. The
installation must be precise to avoid vibration and ultimate failure. Not too
many shops are equipped to do this correctly.

Suggest you replace the ball and trunion with a star universal joint. There are
a few shops that can do this. One that comes to mind is The Driveshaft Shop
(631) 348-1818 located on Long Island, New York. They also do ball and trunion
but recommend the modification.

Best,
Ron Kurtrz
E #292