Re: [Chrysler300] 300E starting motor issues

Re: [Chrysler300] 300E starting motor issues

They are human are they not?  When you put the engine & tranny  assembly
together were there round bushing looking items in the block that the two
bottom bolts go through the block and thread into the tranny on both sides
to align the tranny & engine.  Every one removes them to mount the block on
a engine stand and I have seen the saltiest MoPar mechanics forget to
reinstall them.  More than ounce I have had to make a phone call to have
them sent after an engine was shipped.  About a year ago I went through the
exact same problems with a local gentleman that his Desoto sat for 11 years
with a hanging starter and he asked me to haul it away out of discus, we
split the tranny from the engine in the car and installed the alignment
bushings and he threatens to kiss me every time we meet him driving it.  He
was told everything from wiring, out of time, bent crank to out of round
flywheel.  Wiring and or timing will have Nothing to do with the starter
hanging, it is a mechanical problem as per your description.  If you have
nothing but time go play with the wiring and timing to prove it to yourself!
 Just my $0.02 worth.  Ya I know I could have had a mostly restored 58
Desoto for free if I kept my mouth shut.  But I have to sleep at night, and
now there is a place in MoPar heaven for me.  o-:

Herb