RE: [Chrysler300] '60 & '63 Chrysler small parts needed

RE: [Chrysler300] '60 & '63 Chrysler small parts needed

G'day Chris-

Re. the '63 pushbutons and FYI to club.

The pushbuttons for the '63 Imperial are most definitely not the same as the
'63 300 or 300J.  The "N" button breaks most often, followed by "D" due to
use.

You can drive a '63 Imp or 300 without the "N" button because the '63 has
the "park" lever to the left.  When you engage the park lever from any gear
(at a complete stop of course), it should throw the transmission into
neutral if everything works properly.  Make sure to raise the park lever
before trying to engage a drive gear.  Many pushbuttons have been broken by
those ignorant of the proper operation of the '63s and '64s.

A '63 Imp convert will be notably slower in acceleration than a C but will
ride more smoothly.  In a strong state of tune, a '63 Imp will do 0-60 in
about 9.3 seconds whereas a C is on the order of 7.7 seconds.

Carl Bilter

Cedar Rapids, IA

300J and two '63 Imperial LeBarons

  _____