  From: Paul Holmgren
  To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, July 09, 2011 10:54 PM
  Subject: [Chrysler300] Whoo wee it were

  On a dark and stormy night, Opps, no wait that's not right.

  The dawn broke, the sun creaked up, the wife poked me and challenged me to
arise
  also.
  So off we went to the Show. Got there early enough to beat a few folks
also
  heading for the swaps.
  As usual for this event there were a lot of Chrysler products scurrying to
their
  respective parking
  areas for the huge show/spit/polish/shine. Some where around 2100 mopars
of all
  sorts were in
  attendance from a few really oldies to the most modern.

  General impressions, We are BUSHED! Walked 7 or 8 miles of swaps, spent
some
  recovery time
  visiting with the folks sheltering in the 300 Club tent (In Out Of The
Beating
  Sun).
  Did I mention that the semi monsoon of the past 2 days granted all here a
  respite?
  It left behind a fresh layer of rust on some of the piles of auto parts, a
right
  fair amount of HUMIDITY
  to be baked off by the full sunshine that accompanied a 90 degree summer
day.

  Got caught up with all the meet and greets.
  From what I could spy more members then 300's on display.
  I Will hit you all with a teaser, Whilst catching 40 breaths in under the
tent
  out of the direct sun,
  2 members were presented with 'Certificates suitable for framing' A black
300F
  convertible
  was awarded a special guest celebrity recognition, AND a White 300F
convertible
  was awarded
  one also from another of the celebrity's in attendance.

  I am certain there will a formal reportage in the club newsletter with all
the
  details confirmed
  and correct (should I have miss-reported what I my sun baked head thought
it was
  hearing.
  Congrats to the winners so far.

  Now for the cold hard truth as a reflection of the times we are bearing,
at
  least in my eyes:

  Attendance in general - lighter then last year I thought, which I thought
was
  lighter then the year before.
  Venders: a lot of the same stuff, a general feeling of seeing stuff that
had
  already been picked
  over, and over, and over. I think there where some newer faces selling,
but
  maybe they were trying to
  sell stuff that they got from someone who had given up. There were some
empty
  spaces, not that many
  but more then I recall being average.
  The Cars, Lots of Nice Cars, Lots and Lots, but a stronger feeling that
those in
  attendance were more of
  the die-hards and maybe not that many just beginning to participate in
these
  events.
  Fridays rain kept a fair number of folks from accomplishing their
respective
  missions, and Saturday
  I didn't notice any undue 'Got To Get It Now' pressure by those wandering
the
  swaps.
  It was Not elbow to Elbow this year.
  As we semi-floated away dodging the creeks and riverlets forming in the
car
  corral Friday, I was left
  with the impression there were some rather fairly priced vehicles out
there to
  be had if one were in a fluid
  enough position.
  As for 300 parts, well I do get a severe case of tunnel vision chasing
parts for
  my C project,
  MIGHTY SLIM pickens this year I thought. As for other 300 parts don't
think I
  saw any at all for the other
  50's vintage, and Not much for the 60's. But I did see a few of the club
members
  find something they
  couldn't do with out tho. All in all Not a Lost cause for us as I saved
some
  decent $$ on a few parts for my

  'hot-rod-truck' parts chaser/hauler and we did get a few items that will
shorten
  the down time when it

  comes time to do some preventative maintenance on the wifypoo's putt-putt.

  --
  Paul Holmgren
  2 57 300-C's in Indy

  Hoosier Corps #L6
  CPUs run on smoke. I know this because when the smoke comes out, it stops
  working.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: