Re: [Chrysler300] Sticker Shock

  Mr Barber and group,

  I really doubt that any off the shelf shock absorber will please everyone. If there is a part available that has the specific valving to work in a respectable manner with the Chrysler cars, 1955 to 1964, it has not been recognized by this group. For one thing, we all have an experience factor of driving current day built cars with much more finely tuned balance and suspensions. Some modern day cars are much more pleasurable to drive than others of course.

  I should be able to greatly improve the handling of my 1970 Challenger. A great number of people have worked out some reportedly awesome systems for that car. Some. I would not like. But, there should be something that will work for me when I get around to it.

  But, my classic C300 iron, now that will be a bigger challenge. I would use the researched and developed system from some company on that car if it existed. But, then again, maybe the price tag would be attrocious (low volume, I kind of know it would be) and out of my reach. For the right price, there should be someone out there willing to sort through parts on the shelf and find something that works on the road or track or scratch build something that does. But, then again the cost. Or at least we think it works. Is there something two numbers up that would be better? Better for who? You or me or - -- . My tire, spring package and driving habits and where I drive?

  Personally, I avoid recommending shocks. And, a shock that is speced for a Chevrolet Corvette or a Pontiac Bonneville I cannot imagine performing well on my car because the three cars are so very different. To some they may damp things out just fine and be the cats meow of course. Guess I would have to try it to believe it.

  I think the BMW 335i I drove briefly the other day was an
  exceptionally sweet ride. The owners previous car, an M3, I felt was scary at times however. Volvos handle our mountain curves very well and high end Hondas, Toyotas and Subarus get around pretty well also.

  I find it hard to drive one of my trucks or older iron after driving some of the newer cars I deal with daily. I do get back in the rhythm. My old stuff will never drive as well as a lot of the newer cars. But, the sound of my old Chrysler V8 at full throttle is beyond very sweet to me. .

  /END/ Before I dig myself into a deeper hole.

  Warren Anderson
  Sedona,AZ

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional