Re: [FWDLK] [Chrysler300] Shocks - Koni

To All:
I have not been following all the Koni conversations, having been satisfied
 with the KYBs I installed several years ago on the 300F and 300H converts.
However, I just took a look in my 300C folder, suspecting that I might have
 some original info on the Konis I put on it those many years ago.  Of
course, there the sales slip was, dated 9-19-67!  Never a doubt!   Anyway, I
don't recall if anyone referenced the original Koni part numbers for  those
specified for the 300C. (Actually only Plymouth and Dodge, '57 to  '61, are
mentioned in the Koni spec sheet.)  If not, here they  are:
    Front: 80C-1229, $26.00 each.
    Rear:  82-1066,  $25.00 each.
With tax, total cost came to $106.08.  I don't know what that is in
today's $$$.
As I think I said in a previous email, I set the resistance at about the
mid point, and was very satisfied.  I drove the car for about 3 years after
the installation, including our wedding trip to New England.
Since I also had my XK-E convert at that time, they also sent me those
numbers. (price F, $30, R, $32)
I didn't bite on those----guess I thought the Jag was good enough with its
originals.
Anyway, if I duplicated info that has already been stated, sorry.  If  not,
I would think Koni would certainly retain specifications for their
previously available products.
300ly, Gil Cunningham

ps:  Just ck'd all of this LONG email list, and it looks like somebody  did
mention original Koni pn's, so
       sorry for the duplication.  I'll  mail it anyway!

I apparently had written Koni to inquire as to where I could obtain the
shocks.  They responded with lots of info plus the local dealer in the
Detroit area.  The literature a

In a message dated 7/31/2011 8:25:49 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,