From: Bob Jasinski <rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tom Cox' <tdcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: 'Chrysler 300 Club' <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, Aug 29, 2011 1:56 pm
Subject: [Chrysler300] RE: Power Steering fluid

Tom,

 didn't get any responses on the power steering fluid question.  I went
head and used the Sta-Lube pre-'89 Chrysler power steering fluid, seems to
e the best choice.  I did contact the rebuilder and he told me they buy
heir test fluids in bulk so he could not give me any better recommendation
han the Sta-Lube pre-'89 stuff, although he said just use "regular" power
teering fluid whatever that means.  I still would like to know what changed
n '89.

ob

rom: Tom Cox [mailto:tdcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
ent: Monday, August 29, 2011 4:33 AM
o: 'Bob Jasinski'
ubject: Power Steering fluid

ey Bob,

id you get any answers off-server? I need some, as well.

om Cox

rom: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
ehalf Of Bob Jasinski
ent: 2011-08-28 1:33 PM
o: 'Chrysler 300 Club'
ubject: [Chrysler300] Power Steering fluid

 am in the process of reinstalling my rebuilt power steering gear and pump.
aturally, I want to put the best fluid back into it. For years, I have
sed Sta-Lube "power steering fluid for pre '89 Chrysler products". Is this
till the best choice? The factory manual states "Mopar powers steering
luid 20984328" that's all I can find in the book. Why would Chrysler
ower steering fluid be any different than what others were/are using? Is
he Sta-Lube fluid still the best choice from what is currently available?
Bob J
00G

roup" button
For archives go to http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/search.htm#querylangYahoo!