From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of mckanical-marvels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, September 05, 2011 10:38 PM
To: Jim Kelly
Cc: Chrysler 300
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] concrete floor

Jim,
I'll do a little brainstorming here. I am not sure how or if any of this will work.
You could try painting the floor with 2 or 3 coats of concrete sealer, or...
You could try covering the floor with heavy mil plastic, or...
You could try covering the floor with rubber roofing, (rolls come ten foot wide and can be glued where it overlaps). I got a lot of this (used) that had been taken off over the years by a large roofing company. I used it as a floor in a couple of dirt floor carports. I cut strips for in my garden, I covered boats with it, and so on. I don't know why they had removed so much of the stuff, nothing was wrong with it!
Let us know what you try and how it works.

Troy K Koop Mc"K"enzie
In Flight 93 County

On Mon, 5 Sep 2011 16:51:22 -0700 (PDT)
  Jim Kelly <gmman4@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  now that summer is almost over, i need suggestions on a problem that
> i should have asked about in the start of summer. my problem is
> sweating of concrete floor during humid days. here is my situation. i
> have several collector cars which i store in a non-attached five car
> garage (not a pole barn). the structure is 40 x 24 - two levels. the
> lower level has two garage doors - one 16 x 8 and another 8 x 8. there
> are no windows on the lowel level. i keep my cars covered with car
> covers. due to rodents (darn red squirrels), i rarely keep my garage
> doors open. my problem is on how to eliminate sweating on the concrete
> floors during hot humid weather (not often, but we do get some hot,
> humid days in wisconsin. when i built the garage, i did not put in a
> vapor seal for the concrete. the garage walls are insulated and  dry
> walled. so how can i eliminate the sweating on the garage floor or at
> least lessen the problem.? i am sure members living in southern states
> have this same problem.  if i install a couple of ceiling fans, will
> this help? any suggestions/experience would be greatly appreciated.
> thanks in advance, jim
>
>  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)