From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of keboonstra
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2011 9:00 PM
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] Transmission Wet Burps on a '57

Somebody's got to have a brilliant answer for me here. My 300C transmission keeps burping fluid up the fill tube and I don't why or how to stop it. It lands on my right frame rail and drips off to make a mess of the floor besides.

I followed instructions in the service manual and pulled out both the regulator valve and the torque converter valve, polished them both up, and re-installed them. There was only very minor scratching on either of them. No help at all.

Anything else the manual suggests as a cause looks to be much more involved.

The transmission seems to operate just fine otherwise with respect to shifting, etc. When the transmission is warmed up my idle fluid level checks at halfway between low and full. Should I remove some fluid? Will that solve it?

The transmission is freshly rebuilt. Was something possibly done wrong in the process? Is this a common problem?

The car is otherwise pretty close to Lake George ready, but this is driving me bonkers. Any help from the team?

Thanks.
Keith Boonstra
Holland, Michigan where it's still 75 degrees at midnight.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)