Re: [Chrysler300] Transmission Wet Burps on a '57

Re: [Chrysler300] Transmission Wet Burps on a '57

Dave, you sucked me in on this one!  (OK,I was looking something else  up
anyway!)

The transmission filler tube part number for Torqueflite Chryslers was
changed as follows:

1956-----PN 1671764
1957, up to 300C engine #1338, (approx. early Feb.) PN 1731174.
1957 after engine #1338, PN 1823690
1958 up to 300D engine #1566, (approx mid/late Feb.) still PN 1823690
1958 after engine #1566, PN 1853760
1959 ----PN 1941634.  This could certainly be due to bracket changes  for
the new "B" engine.

Perhaps of more---but not much more---significance, the oil level indicator
 PN was also changed at 300C engine #1338, and again for 1959.

What can one conclude from the above?  Not much, I would say, without  the
engineering drawings or known original parts to compare differences.

300ly, Gil Cunningham
A  perfect morning in Tallahassee, FL

In a message dated 9/14/2011 8:46:33 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,