RE: [Chrysler300] 300F article with nice pictures in British mag

Awesome, we?re going to call you Gnarly Narve Nordanger !

  _____

From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Narve Nordanger
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2011 4:20 PM
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] 300F article with nice pictures in British mag

All,

I haven?t seen the story myself before today, but the last issue of the UK
mag ?Thoroughbred and Classic Cars? (One of the large UK ones, available in
most Europe/AUS/NZ and sporadically I believe in the US/CAN) has a 5-page
story on the 300F with some superb photos of the car Ray Moodie restored
(SLK215F, also the oldest surviving 300F). Story was done by a rarity in
these magazines ? a journalist with a penchant for old US iron, comparing it
favorably with well-known Euro-cars of the period. Should be well worth to
track down.

Epilogue:

During the photo-shoot the car was owned by myself, although not anymore as
the household majority shareholder vetoed the purchase of a red car and put
it on the transfer-list immediately. The months of ownership were however
enjoyable, including cruising through downtown London on a Saturday night
catching more attention among the blasé audience than any of the numerous
Italian Supercars doing the same routine did. But also blasting along the
Autobahn on my way back to Norway with the Astra Dome needle peaking out at
130 mph before the tire age and non-assuring brakes in any traffic density
made me back off. According to the GPS my speed was never more than 115 mph,
but that is just a boring fact in comparison.

300ly

Narve Nordanger

(still left with the C-300)

<*> Your email settings: