Re: [Chrysler300] 1961 Weight

Rich,

You are absolutely correct. A 4000# Chrysler will follow along just fine on a trailer with two 3500# axles - - -  BUT.

The weight distributing hitch is a must have, not optional,  piece also with most tow vehicles.

Warren Anderson
Sedona, AZ

  Incremental cost is minimal. Hauling our C-300 along a pot-holed I-5 on an
  open 7,000# trailer resulted on axles bowed to the point of accelerated wear
  on the inside of the tires. It was possible to have the tube axles
  straightened and realigned at a specialty shop. Estimated total weight of
  trailer, car and contents about 6,500#. Cutting it a little close.

  The weight-distributing hitch actually transfers some of the tongue weight
  to the trailer axles and the tow vehicle front axle. Next time, I'll dial
  in the inexpensive safety factor of buying the 10,000# trailer and I want to
  share that recommendation to our readers.

  C-300-K'ly,

  Rich Barber

  Brentwood, CA

  From: Ray Jones [mailto:hurst300@xxxxxxxxxx]